Lindsey owns and operates Hardcopy Cartel, a graphic design company that specialises in branding and logo design. What makes her business unique is her approach to design, which is a creative artistic approach, shying away from trendy minimalism. She helps you find what makes your company unique and expresses that through design and what she calls your “visual voice.” She also runs PS That Sucks, a darkly comedic greeting card line for life’s tougher times, as well as creative collective Crux - a collaborative project that acts as a full design studio without the overhead cost. Lindsey runs her small businesses out of St Kilda.
Here are Lindsey’s top 5 things to do in St Kilda:
- Have coffee at The Dispensary (located at 13 Brighton Rd, St Kilda VIC 3182)
What I love about The Dispensary is the history of it. Christia, who owns and operates the café, has done an amazing job bringing life into what used to be an old hospital. Decorated with doctors lamps, old eye charts and other bits and bobs it truly feels like you’re stepping back in time.
- Get my sweat on at Crossfit St Kilda (362 St Kilda Rd, St Kilda VIC 3182)
Lockie who owns the gym has done a great job making even the most unfit feel welcome. I joined nearly two years ago and couldn’t imagine going back to a traditional gym. Crossfit might feel intimidating, but if I can give it a go, anyone can!
- Basking in the sun of the St Kilda Botanical Gardens (11 Herbert St, St Kilda VIC 3182) If you’re looking for a place to have a picnic, kick the ol’ football around or have a sunny spot to read, these gardens are for you. It’s a little slice of tranquillity amongst the louder city.
- Get work done at The St Kilda Library (150 Carlisle St, St Kilda VIC 3182)
What I like about the St Kilda Library is it’s 70s look and feel. I go there with my computer in hand, sit at one of the personal desks that face a massive window and get to work. On the nicer days you might even find me in the outdoor area soaking up a bit of sun, designing my little heart out.
- Having brunch at Miss Jackson Café (2/19 Grey St, St Kilda VIC 3182)
Sunday brunch is probably my favourite of all meals. I’ve never been disappointed by Miss Jackson Café, which is extra cozy in the winter when they have their fire going.
You can find out more about Lindsey and Hardcopy Cartel by going to www.hardcopycartel.com.au